Crocodile Farm Siem Reap
Crocodile Farm Siem Reap - Siem Reap
Siem Reap Crocodile Farm is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Siem Reap. The crocodile farm is located on the road to Tonle Sap Lake on the left hand side. It is home to about 300 crocodiles of various sizes and dispositions. You will have to pay a fee of US$ 1 for admission of foreigners and 1,000 riel for Cambodians. You can buy stuffed crocs on the premises. Getting to the Crocodile Farm, Siem Reap is quite easy - just head south on Sivutha Street, cross the bridge and it’s down another half kilometer from there.
"Help preserve wild animals," is printed on the tickets that you buy for admission into the Crocodile Farm. The crocodiles are more likely to be preserved by a Thai handbag maker than an ecologically minded zoo operator. Nonetheless, the crocodiles at the farm have been here for a good time, if not a long time. From the moment these crocodiles poke their snouts out from the crack in an egg, they are treated like the precious possessions that they are.
You can also see the crocodile nests in the Crocodile Farm, Siem Reap. At first sight, the crocodile nests look much like any other pile of dirt. After the 75th day of the incubation period passes, some brave soul waits until mama crocodile goes for a swim, then take the ready-to-hatch eggs to a shaded area where the little ones snap their teeth for the very first time.
Hatching of these crocodiles usually happens early in the morning, so early visitors get the best look at minutes-old crocodiles and sometimes the staff will even let you hold one. A good breeding crocodile can yield up to 40 eggs a year and a full-grown female crocodile fetches about $400. There is also a conveniently located Crocodile Restaurant close by the gates. Diners are advised to call ahead to make sure the reptile is on the menu. A tour to the Crocodile Farm is a must if you happen to visit Siem Reap for business or leisure.
- Siem Reap
- Half Day
Siem Reap Hotels
- Damrei Angkor Hotel
- Royal Angkor Resort & Spa
- The Clay D’Angkor Boutique Villa
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
- Ladear Angkor Boutique
- La Niche d' Angkor Boutique
- Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort
- Natura Resort
- Prince d’Angkor Hotel & Spa
- Royal Soriya Villa
- Pura Vida Boutique Hotel & Spa
- Palm Village Resort & Spa
Siem Reap Tours
- Banteay Srei Excursion 1 Day
- Sunrise Angkor Wat Small Group tour
- Kampong Phluk - Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Cooking class + Dinner at natural village
- Private Small Group Angkor Wat Temple by Car
- Balloon Ride Angkor Wat with Tuk Tuk
- Koh Ker & Beng Mealea Excursion 1Day
- Angkor Wat Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Explore Angkor Wat Full Day Tour
- Phnom Kulen Waterfall Excursion 1Day